perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:20:13 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Josh Chamas wrote:
>
>> Stas Bekman wrote:
>>

>>> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which
>>> is a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
>>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
>>>

>> The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of
>> Apache::compat
>> entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.
>

> I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN
> and grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of
> date, or it's still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

A grep of Apache::ASP v2.55 shows no code references to Apache::compat

[Apache-ASP-2.55]$ grep -r 'Apache::compat' .
./site/changes.html: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
./lib/Apache/ASP/Response.pm:               # don't need this for mod_perl2 it seems from
Apache::compat
./README:     +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
./ASP.pm: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better

The doc references are for previous versions in which it was used.

Regards,

Josh