perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Custom status and message: Bug?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:18:56 GMT
Josh Chamas wrote:
> skylos@doglover.com wrote:
>

>> The Status property of the Response object per the ASP implimentation on
>> windows IIS takes the whole string '213 Woof woof'.  And outputs it just
>> like the Status: header in cgi spec.  This is the expected, documented
>> behavior of the status property on the Response object, to my
>> understanding.
>>

> Currently, Apache::ASP uses mod_perl $r->status to set the
> $Response->{Status},
> which can only take an integer.  It may be better to instead call
> $r->status_line(), which seems to give you the flexibility that you need.
>
> I can try the change, and send you an early release of the next Apache::ASP
> version with this change.  Let me know.

My apologies for taking so long to follow up with this fix.

I have on a couple occasions tried to implement this change to produce
the results you are going for, but without success.  I will keep trying
to get Apache / mod_perl to do the right thing.

The place that I am hung up on is actually having the initial status
line return the right response where it normally says:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

it should be possible to make it say "HTTP/1.1 200 Woof Woof" or whatever,
but these does not yet seem to work for me despite my best efforts.
However, it may still be possible to set a separate Status header:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

that may also be of use to you, but it would seem an incomplete fix to me.

Any thoughts?

--Josh