perl-asp mailing list archives

From Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tcha...@arx.gr>
Subject Re: Very Basic Newbie Questions
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:52:52 GMT
Hello Robin,

I'm afraid Apache::ASP won't work for you (at least, not like you expect
it to).
You see, your example here is VBScript and Apache::ASP only works with
PerlScript - that's what it's called on the IIS/Windows world.
Of course, if
a) Your apache was running on Windows (personally I think apache-1.3.x
on Windows is a Bad Idea for production).
-> Then you could create a ``WinHttp'' object using Win32::OLE
b) You're prepared to write Perl (platform does not concern us in this case)
-> You could achieve similar (or even better!) functionality using the
standard LWP::UserAgent and/or HTTP::Request modules.

As far as the second question is converned:
If indeed apache and mod_perl are set-up, then it should be just a
trivial matter of :
perl -MCPAN -e'install Apache::ASP'
input in your shell and then modifying your httpd.conf to activate the
new functionality.

Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou