perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Applications, one web server?
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:27:55 GMT
Skylos the Doggie wrote:

> Have I found a bug in the overlapping-variable-values resolution for
> configuration variable scoping?  It should have overwritten the StateDir
> with the smaller-scope value, rather than ignoring it.

There are often oddities with how PerlSetVar values are merged, but generally
they work as expected in that local settings override more global ones,
so that I would expect PerlSetVar in .htaccess to override those in VirtualHost
blocks, which should override those in the main httpd.conf.  One bug that I
long noticed what that setting a value to 0 would not override a higher one,
so that is why PerlSetVar Name Off now is the same as setting it to 0.

Regards,

Josh