perl-asp mailing list archives

From Quentin Smith <quent...@comclub.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: Accessing $Session Outside Apache?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 04:31:43 GMT
Hi-
I'd like to have a user be able to start either on Apache or Zope. Zope
should sense if the user has a current session (I think I can manage
this). If not, it will redirect the user to an ASP login form. The ASP
login form will then sense that the user came from Zope and then send
them back. In other words, I want my one login form in Apache to process
logins for both Apache and Zope. Since all important data is in a
PostgreSQL database, all I need is to be able to pass the username back
and forth with a reasonable amount of security (thus I can't just pass
the username as a cookie.) All I need is read-only access to the
$Session from Zope. If the user's session variable has not expired, I'd
like them to be able to access any page on either server.
I hope I have explained myself clearly.
--Quentin
P.S. If you're curious, I have www.Squishdot.org set up in Zope, and I'd
like to integrate it into my existing site. Although if you do enough
reading, you will see that Zope runs well with Apache as a proxy, this
will not work in my situation.