pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Robert Pepersack <robert.pepers...@itgfirm.com>
Subject Changing Partial Name of PDNonTerminalField Changes Parent's Name
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 00:08:15 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a PDF file that has form fields named using the hierarchical naming
convention.  For example:
table.0.firstName, table.0.middleName, table.0.lastName,
table.1.firstName, table.1.middleName, table.1.lastName, etc.

I'm changing the numeric nodes' partial names using:
field.setPartialName(newName)

After that, I check the new field names, and they are renamed correctly
(see the attached output.txt).  So, it seems that it worked.

Then, I'm merging the document after another document
using:  PDFMergerUtility.mergeDocuments(null)

But, when I open the newly created (merged) PDF file in Acrobat Pro, all
the field names have names like "dummyFieldName" (the incorrect part)
followed by "1.0A.firstName" (the correct part), instead of the names in
the attached output.txt.

I have attached the PDF file that I'm changing names in, Attachment.pdf,
and the new file after merging, test.pdf.

Thanks,
Rob