pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From STAMPF Lukas <lukas.sta...@bat.at>
Subject AW: JBig2 support when using maven shade uber jar
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2019 09:09:56 GMT
PDFBox only relies on the ImageIO Reader. You need to register the Jbig2 ImageReader by adding
an /META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.ImageReaderSpi

Regards,
Lukas
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Peter Pinnau <unterbrecher@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. September 2019 10:59
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: JBig2 support when using maven shade uber jar

I use maven shade plugin to put all project dependencies in an uber jar.
I managed to include pdfbox jbig2 classes via a filter include configuration. I inspected
the jar file and it includes the
org.apache.pdfbox.jbig2 package with classes und sub-packages.

When a jbig2 encoded PDF should be rendered I get:

org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine operatorException Cannot read JBIG2 image:
jbig2-imageio is not installed

It works fine from my IDE where all jars are included seperatly.

How pdfbox determines if jbig2 support is present? What can be a solution to get jbig2 rendering
working with an uber jar?

versions:

pdfbox 2.0.16

jbig2-imageio 3.0.2