pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Multithreaded PDF Rendering
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:22:34 GMT
Am 14.08.2019 um 16:36 schrieb STAMPF Lukas:
> Hello,
>
> After seemingly random errors, I stumbled upon https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4559<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4559?focusedCommentId=16865733&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16865733>
and wanted to ask: Is there any known workaround to calling PDDocument.load() for each thread
creating a PDFRenderer?

Sadly no. You could use the experimental branch that does parse on
demand, but you'd have to build yourself.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/branches/issue4569

Tilman

> I do image manipulation, Barcode detection and OCR and because it's too slow to do it
sequentially, I create a thread for each PDPage. Some documents I work with are quite large,
and loading the entire document for each  page seems like a terrible thing to do.