pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Smitha Thomas (Contractor)" <SmTho...@mercuryinsurance.com>
Subject RE: PDFBOX -merge utility -Method not found error
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:29:24 GMT
Hi,

I am an Iseries developer , trying to merge two PDFs using the org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFMergerUtility
I am getting error which says  as below

  Java exception "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
  org/apache/pdfbox/multipdf/PDFMergerUtility.setDestinationFileName(Ljav"
  when calling method "setDestinationFileName" with signature
  "(Ljava.lang.String;)V" in class
  "org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFMergerUtility".

Please let me know is this in any particular .jar.I have downloaded the JAR files from https://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi

[cid:image001.png@01D5389C.930946D0]

When I am listing methods under the class path   below command is for iseries to list the
methods in the classpath
Command used  :   javap -s org/apache/pdfbox/multipdf/PDFMergerUtility

Result
Method  : setDestinationFileName
public void setDestinationFileName(java.lang.String);
  Signature: (Ljava/lang/String;)V

Method :   addsource
public void addSource(java.io.File) throws java.io.FileNotFoundException;
   Signature: (Ljava/io/File;)V

Method :  mergeDocuments
public void mergeDocuments() throws java.io.IOException;
  Signature: ()V

I am converting the below source to Iseries methods ,I am able to do the Instantiating PDFMergerUtility
class.  All the methods(addsource,mergeDocuments,setDestinationFileName)  under the class
gives same error saying method not found.

[cid:image002.png@01D5389C.930946D0]

Thanks
Smitha Thomas

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient,
and may contain material that is privileged or confidential and legally protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not
authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments.