pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kodjo Afriyie - iSite Eng <kodjo.afriyi...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forms elements not being recognised.
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:17:30 GMT
After further investigation.. It appears the form fields are stored as annotations.

From: Kodjo Afriyie - iSite Eng <kodjo.afriyie01@bbc.co.uk<mailto:kodjo.afriyie01@bbc.co.uk>>
Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2019 at 12:08
To: "users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org>" <users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org>>
Subject: Forms elements not being recognised.

I used the tool below to create the attached document.

https://www.sejda.com/desktop

The following code returns an empty list for the form elements.
PDDocumentCatalog docCatalog = document.getDocumentCatalog();
PDAcroForm acroFom = docCatalog.getAcroForm();
List<PDField> fields = acroForm.getFields();

But when I create the document using pdf box it is able to recognise the form elements.

Thanks,
Kodjo