pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Søren Pedersen <sh.peder...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Possible memory leak when extracting text?
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 05:22:51 GMT
I have uploadet the PDF here: https://we.tl/t-lQusIcUiRM

I have testet with both version 2.0.13 and 2.0.15 of PDFBox, and I have run the test on a
machine with 16 GB of ram, where I allowed JVM to use 14 GB using the -Xmx14g parameter.

I took a heap dump using JVisualVM when it used approx 12 GB of memory and I can see that
98,3% of the size is taken up by int[]’s. When I dig into those they come from featuredIndices
in GlyphSubstitutionTable$LangSysTable -> langSysTable in GlyphSubstitutionTable$LangSysRecord
-> GlyphSubStitutionTable$LangSysRecord[].

I should also note that I run our app in a Docker container, like this:

docker run -d \
-p 8080:8080 \
-v /home/ec2-user/locate/build:/usr/build \
--name=locate \
openjdk:8 \
java -Xmx14g -Dserver.port=8080 -Dspring.profiles.active=prod -Djdk.tls.useExtendedMasterSecret=false
-jar /usr/build/project-web-1.3.0.war

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Søren