pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hirsh <joelehi...@gmail.com>
Subject Change in PDFTextStripper return from 2.0.11 to 2.0.15
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 00:19:27 GMT
I have some files that are getting very different results in version 2.0.15
compared to 2.0.11

The files have type1 fonts that in 2.0.11 TextPosition.getHeight() returns
6.33

But in 2.0.15 the TextPosition.getHeight() returns  0.81

Any idea on what might have changed?  I thought that PDFTextStripper was
part of legacy code that might be ugly and incorrect, but was at least
stable. And BTW, the 6.33 is correct.

I have a series of text size fixups that I first created 5 years ago, and
tweaked when moving to version 2.  And although they are undoubtedly hacks,
they have been stable on version 2, up until now.