pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Verbose mode for command-line tools
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 17:14:23 GMT
Am 10.05.2019 um 14:10 schrieb Cyril Beaussier:
> Thanks Tilman for your interrest
>
>> Can you retrieve the standard output / error? And the return code?
> No error is returned by shell command.
> And if I copy / paste the string into console : it works
>
>> - missing permissions in output directory (can you create the target
>> file separately in your macro? Or try running ExtractText with the
>> output file in the same target directory?)
> As said it before
>>> Under OpenOffice, I run my macro with shell command
>>> - PDFToImage : no problem, that works
>>> - ImageToPDF : no output PDF file
>>> Under console, both commands works
> I have an issue only with ImageToPDF and only under OpenOffice.

At this time, all I could offer to you would be to build a version of
the app that does some standard output. I would upload that one to a
sharehoster. Would that be useful? That's why I asked wether you can
catch the standard output / error output. If the output is swallowed by
OpenOffice, then it would be even more difficult.

Tilman