pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject AW: Re: Possible memory leak when extracting text?
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 07:42:04 GMT
this is some problem with the numbers of components being different. Try
pdfbox-app instead.
Tilman

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App
<https://kommunikationsdienste.t-online.de/redirects/email_app_android_sendmail_footer>

--- Original-Nachricht ---
Von: Søren Pedersen
Betreff: Re: Possible memory leak when extracting text?
Datum: 15.05.2019, 9:08 Uhr
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org

I have been trying to add the 2.0.16-SNAPSHOT version as a dependency to my
application, but I keep having issues. I added this to my pom file:

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>repository.apache.org.snapshots</id>
<http://repository.apache.org.snapshots</id>> ;
<name>Apache snapshots repo</name>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/</url>
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/</url>> ;
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
<releases>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</releases>
</repository>
</repositories>

And then I added this under dependencies:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.pdfbox</groupId>
<artifactId>pdfbox</artifactId>
<version>2.0.16-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

When I run “mvn compile” I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project pdftextextractor: Could not
resolve dependencies for project nu.optimise:pdftextextractor:jar:1.0:
Failed to collect dependencies at
org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox:jar:2.0.16-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact
descriptor for org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox:jar:2.0.16-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:pom:2.0.16-20190513.180308-43 in
repository.apache.org.snapshots <http://repository.apache.org.snapshots> (
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots> /) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException>

I am probably missing something obvious, but I haven’t been working with
Java for that long, so I have no clue what to do (my googling skills did
not prevail).

Do you have any tips?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Søren

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4489>

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.16-SNAPSHOT
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.16-SNAPSHOT>

/

> Tilman
>
> Am 11.05.2019 um 06:54 schrieb Søren Pedersen:
> > Ok, that is very interesting. Thanks a lot for looking into this!
> >
> > I am a bit baffled as to why we experience the memory leak then, but I
guess I will have to dig more into it.

<mailto:andreas@lehmi.de> >, wrote:
> [...]
Windows there are no problems, but when I run on Linux I get the memory
leak. Tilman, would you be able to run the same test on a Linux box? - or
maybe using a Linux Docker container, like I showed originally?
> > > I've extracted the text on linux (fedora 30, openjdk 1.8.0_212)
without any
> > > problems using
> > >
> > > java -Xmx9m -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.15.jar ExtractText
> > >
> > > where -Xmx9m is the smallest working value
> > >
> > > Andreas

blocker for that unfortunately :(

<mailto:sh.pedersen@gmail.com> >, wrote:
> [...]
suggestion and keep fiddling with it :)