pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <til...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Encoding of names dictionary and GoToE target
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 04:14:37 GMT
Please upload the files without javascript to reduce my fear of opening them. Or better, post
the code you use to create these files so that one can run that code and create the files
including the attachment. I looked at the PDF specification and from what I see with PDFDebugger
your files looks fine. I assume the effect you mention happens with the attached files, despite
that the names were pure ascii ?

Tilman

On 2019/04/16 12:47:37, "Gueclue, Dahit" <Dahit.Gueclue@PROSTEP.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working with PDFBox 2.0.14 and I am trying to create GoToE links for document
attachments. For this I created a test PDF file with one PDF attachment in Adobe Acrobat XI.
> The link is a PDAnnotationLink with an PDActionEmbeddedGoTo action. The filename of the
target directory recieves the name extracted from the EmbeddedFiles name dictionary. After
> adding the name,  action and rectangle to the annotation, I save the result document
and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

> The problem I have is that the GoToE link is not opening the attachment. After looking
at the file in a text editor, it seems as if the file name in the names dictionary uses a
different encoding,
> UTF-16-BE, than the file name in the target directory, ISO 8859-1. If I manually convert
file name to UTF-16 before adding it to the target directory it works just fine. However,
if I do not know
> the encoding of the names in the names dictionary, I cannot generate  the correct name
for the target directory.

> Is there a way to determine which encoding the names dictionary uses or are there other
workarounds to this? I tried to set the file specification oft he attachment to the action
but that did not