pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Constantine Dokolas <cdoko...@gmail.com>
Subject Page tree conformance
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 10:17:49 GMT
I have created a PDF file with PDFBox having the property that one page is
duplicated by reference in the "pages" object so that is looks like this:

2 0 obj
<<
/Type /Pages
/Kids [3 0 R 4 0 R 5 0 R 6 0 R 7 0 R 6 0 R]
/Count 6

endobj

Notice that the "6 0 R" appears twice.

It seems that this causes a problem with Acrobat Reader DC
(v.2019.10.20098) so that the page's second instance is not rendered.
PDF-XChange Editor has no problem rendering the page, Foxit Reader
(v.8.3.2.25013) has no problem, all browsers are fine with it (Firefox,
Chrome, Edge, Brave) and PDFBox debugger shows everything correctly.

iText RUPS (v.5.5.8) gives an "Illegal pages tree" error.

I looked at the spec (1.7, section 7.7.3) but couldn't find a limitation in
the pages tree structure. Does anyone have an idea of what's happening here?

Constantine

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the