pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: QR Image Detection Down 2.0.13 -> 2.0.14
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2019 15:54:39 GMT
Hi,

This is weird, RenderingHints.VALUE_RENDER_QUALITY is in the default
settings?! See in the source code,
PDFRenderer.createDefaultRenderingHints().

antialiasing is off when bitonal destination.

Tilman

Am 05.04.2019 um 17:48 schrieb STAMPF Lukas:
> Thanks, seems like it wasn't the antialiasing. Turning it off and on didn't change the
results between 2.0.13 and 2.0.14. What did help however was
>                  hints.put(RenderingHints.KEY_RENDERING, RenderingHints.VALUE_RENDER_QUALITY);
>
> Setting this on 2.0.14 seems to restore the 2.0.13 behavior. Could be coincidence though.
Need to verify it with a larger amount of documents first. Has something about this setting
changed between versions when rendering in BINARY mode?

> Lukas
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

QR scanning. When I updated from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 I noticed a severe reduction in scanning
reliability. I guess its related to this change https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4391

>> This is the render command I use:
>>               bim = pdfRenderer.renderImageWithDPI(pageCounter, dpi, ImageType.BINARY);
>>
>> I try multiple dpi settings between 150 and 300, to increase my changes to find a
QR code.