pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From PDF Developer <pdf...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Page tree conformance
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:44:50 GMT
 Hello,
I took a quick look at the PDF inĀ  Acrobat Pro DC and XI Pro. In both cases the viewer recognizes
that there are 2 Pages but as soon as I try to image the second page I see that the dimensions
of the (second) page are 0x0. Acrobat displays an Error 14 and a Control Click on the dialog
reveals that Acrobat is looking for/expecting a Dictionary Object. Only then is the page content
rendered for the second page.

If you have Acrobat Pro take a look at the Content Tab it shows that there is a second page
but the content for the page is empty (while it is there for Page 1). Running the Internal
Preflight PDF syntax checker (Print-Production etc.) reveals the PDF passes but doesn't acknowledge
the second page at all. This is also true of the Acrobat PDF Internal Structure viewer. Interestingly
Adobe Illustrator knows that there are 2 pages and happily opens the second page for editing.

So probably safe to assume this is a corner case "issue" that Adobe Developers didn't anticipate
back in 1993 but back then you had 3 options for generating a PDF, Acrobat PDF Writer, Acrobat
Distiller and hand coding the PDF - there were no libraries back then.

PDFDev

    On Saturday, April 13, 2019, 12:54:18 PM GMT+1, Constantine Dokolas <cdokolas@gmail.com>