pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: External: RE: Approximate Font
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 19:19:06 GMT
Am 14.03.2019 um 15:38 schrieb Kirk, Kenneth:
> What I meant to ask was, what method can I use to specify a nonstandard font, i.e. Arial
or MS Sans Serif without having to embed the font in the pdf.  I assume the viewer will find
a substitute if the specified font is not present on the client machine.

PDFBox always embeds fonts, preferably as a subset. (The exception is
Type 1 standard 14 fonts).

Not doing that is a bad practice puts your users at risk that their
files are displayed poorly. A file displayed on one computer could look
different on another.

Tilman

creates a form with the question on top of answer (groups) and having two different fonts
for each line. The information is compared to determine the longest and then spaces the groups
accordingly. Hope this helps.

> https://stackoverflow.com/a/20779205/1579736
>

> Thanks
>
> Stefan Ronnkvist
>

> ________________________________

the font into the document.  We have a document management system which create annotations
as graphic overlays.  I need to take those overlays and place them as pdf objects on the document.
 The document management client software allows the user to create text annotations using
any of the true type fonts installed on the system.  How can I create a font description font
that doesn't embed the font and let viewer handle it by approximating the closest font.

> Kenneth D. Kirk
> Information Systems Advisor
> Document Management
> Information Technology

> Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain
privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than
to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of