pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Rönnkvist <stefan.ronnkv...@live.com>
Subject RE: Approximate Font
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:03:18 GMT
I posted this brief code and if you follow it, your questioned is answered. The program creates
a form with the question on top of answer (groups) and having two different fonts for each
line. The information is compared to determine the longest and then spaces the groups accordingly.
Hope this helps…

https://stackoverflow.com/a/20779205/1579736

Thanks

Stefan Ronnkvist

________________________________
From: Kirk, Kenneth <Kkirk@ILSOS.GOV>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:54:44 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Approximate Font

I'm trying to find a simple way to approximate true type fonts without the need to embed the
font into the document.  We have a document management system which create annotations as
graphic overlays.  I need to take those overlays and place them as pdf objects on the document.
 The document management client software allows the user to create text annotations using
any of the true type fonts installed on the system.  How can I create a font description font
that doesn't embed the font and let viewer handle it by approximating the closest font.

Kenneth D. Kirk
Information Systems Advisor
Document Management
Information Technology

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged
or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining
permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute
or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify
the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete
this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of
the Illinois Secretary of State.