pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From <j.tosov...@email.cz>
Subject Re: Extract embedded SVG image from PDF file
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 09:11:25 GMT

> We have access to the sources (Website), but this is time
> consuming. Partly, there are web services, which we can use, but not for
> all tasks. The PDF files are generated automatically by schedule, so this
> way can be fully automated.

Supposing your SVG data are available in some website and instead of
downloading them one by one you prefer extract them in bulk from PDF
snapshots of these pages, I'd recommend avoiding that PDF route and rather
automating that SVG downloading step.

Firstly I'd ask the app developers to provide some API to get data via web
service. Only if there is no other option, I would try guessing the SVG
image URL for any page/article. If there is some relation, automation is
easy. If not, you could somehow automate your manual steps via testing
tools, see e.g. https://www.seleniumhq.org/.

Jan