pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox 2.0.14 and JIRA-4437 - import stamp annotations from XFDF
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 09:26:23 GMT
Hi,

Sorry about the problem. I'll investigate. I was able to reproduce it.
 From a first look, I suspect that the code doesn't consider all items
in a COSDictionary, only all items in a COSStream, and so the shading
dictionary is empty. We'll see what happens when these are added. I'll
create an issue later and let you know.

Tilman

Am 01.03.2019 um 09:48 schrieb Kai Keggenhoff:
> Hello,
>
> this morning I read about the release of 2.0.14 and when I noticed the entry for PDFBOX-4437,
I was rather happy, because this was an issue for some of our users.
> However, after putting 2.0.14 to the test, my enthusiam was curbed, because by all appearances,
the situation became worse.

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzbyqjzua5zlk7k/lorem.zip?dl=0
>
> Here I have provided four files with which I would like to demonstrate the problem.
>
> lorem_1.pdf :
>
> this is the original, unmodified PDF.
>
> lorem_2_with_upload_button_and_stamp.pdf :
>
> this is the PDF we deliver to the user. In the upper left corner is a button which will
upload the annotations made by the user to our server.
> In this case, it will upload the XFDF to a local address, which is not available outside
my test scenario (and in the live enviroment, the button is more serious).

> I already added a stamp annotation with the picture of the word "Genehmigt" (German for
"approved")

> lorem.xfdf :
>
> this is the XFDF uploaded to the server
>
> lorem_3_merged.pdf :
>
> this is the original PDF with the XFDF merged into it.
> Opening this PDF with Adobe Acrobat Read DC produces the error message

document (16)."

> The regular content is displayed normally though and the outline of the stamp can be
seen if it's manually selected via the annotation list.
> Merging the annotation with 2.0.13 produces no error message and a visible, but crossed
out box for the stamp.

> Merging the annotation is done by :
>

>    1.  parsing the XFDF to a Document
>    2.  creating a FDFDocument object with the Document
>    3.  iterating over the list of FDFAnnotations obtained by FDFDocument.getCatalog().getFDF().getAnnotations()
and adding each FDFAnnotation via  PDPage.getAnnotations().add(FDFAnnotation)