pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Can pdfbox find a dimension in a pdf drawing, zoom up on it, highlight it, and create an image file?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 07:33:34 GMT
Am 18.03.2019 um 22:40 schrieb Greg Hanowski:
> We get pdf engineering drawings from suppliers.  We need to
> programmatically zoom up on a specified dimension, highlight it, and
> create an image file of the zoomed up view.  How to specify the
> dimension is unknown.  Some dimensions might have the same text so not
> sure how to differentiate.  Suggestions welcome.  Can pdfbox do this?

With "dimension" do you mean a rectangle coordinate or this viewport
thing? (An exotic feature of PDF)

"Zoom up" - do you want to make it bigger? Or do you just mean to cut it
out?

Highlight = ? Put a yellow over it?

It is possible to crop on a specific area by modifying the cropbox of a
page, then only the cropped area will be seen. It's also possible to
highlight by filling a rectangle and blending this on top.

Tilman