pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Tosovsky" <j.tosov...@email.cz>
Subject RE: Extract embedded SVG image from PDF file
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 23:10:24 GMT
On 2019-03-06 European Neuroscience Center wrote:
> On 2019-03-06 Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> >
> > I looked at your PDF file with PDFDebugger, no SVG there.
> > Just PDF vector graphics.
>
> What is the way to extract this PDF vector graphics in XML or
> SVG format?

During a typical conversion the SVG syntax is translated to the PDF syntax. Not all features
can be translated 1:1 so the result can be degraded. It applies also for the reverse process.

You can extract the graphics via many vector editors like Adobe Illustrator or free Inkscape
editor.

But it is always better to have the original source (SVG chart) or even better the original
data so you can generate that chart as you like.

Btw seeing the copyright notice in the footer I suppose any reverse data parsing sounds like
intellectual property infringement.

Jan