pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Hesham Gneady" <heshamgne...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to check the last character in processed stream
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:51:47 GMT
Maruan,

I am checking bold sentences inside a page. After reading each letter specifications using
PDFontDescriptor, if that letter is not bold then I save the last bold sentence collected
before this letter, and so on till the end of the page.
The problem is in the last letter in the page, if it is bold but it is the last letter in
the page, then I want to collect this sentence before exiting the processTextPosition(...)
method.

I am not sure if I am clear or still not!

Best regards,
Hesham

Included Message:

Hi,

by stream you mean a (page) content stream?

Could you elaborate a little about what you're trying to achieve?

BR
Maruan

> Hello ,
>

> I am using processTextPosition(.) to read text in a PDF file. I wonder
> if there is a way to know if this is the last character in the stream
> that it is being processed. I need to check this in the
> processTextPosition(.) to execute some code. Here is my code:
>

> CustomStripper customStripper = new CustomStripper();
>
> customStripper.setStartPage( 1 );
>
> customStripper.setEndPage( 5 );
>
> Writer w = new OutputStreamWriter( new ByteArrayOutputStream() );
>
> customStripper.writeText( pdfDoc, w );
>

> public class CustomStripper extends PDFTextStripper {
>
>     @Override
>
>     public void processTextPosition( TextPosition t )  {
>
>                            // Some processing code.
>
>                            // I need to check if this is the last
> letter to process in this stream!!!
>
>    }
>
> }
>

> Best regards,
>
> Hesham
>

> ---
Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827