pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gavin Reid <gavinr...@pseudocoder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Certifcate Based AES256
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 07:44:46 GMT
I’ve just managed to test my code vs 2.0.14……..-126.jar and it appears to be working
very well. The reader has confirmed 256 AES bit encryption.
Thank you ever so much for the swift response and fix.
I presume I now just wait for 2.0.14 to have a full release?

Kind Regards

Gavin

> On 22 Dec 2018, at 16:20, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Am 22.12.2018 um 12:02 schrieb Gavin Reid:
>> AES256 is a symmetric cypher, my certificate is only used to encrypt the AES256 key,
the AES256 key is generated fresh each time a document is encrypted.
>> Each certificate is for each recipient.
>
> Never mind. In the meantime, I created an AES256 encrypted file with another software
so I could see how the result file looks like (the PDF specification is not really clear to
me), and I also managed to decrypt it. So the "only" thing missing now is encryption.