pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Richter, Michael" <m.rich...@tu-berlin.de>
Subject PDFBox 2.0.12 creates invalid PDF/A
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:22:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to create PDF/A files using PDFBox 2.0.12. My code is based on the example code
from the PDFBox repo. It creates the PDF file and I can verify XMP data is in it containing
my parameters. But tools like veraPDF and pdfPilot say it's invalid (no PDF/A info, no metadata).

So I converted the file using pdfPilot. I extracted the xpacket XML part from the resulting
PDF file. And I added this data directly without using PDFBox API. And the resulting PDF is
valid to both apps.

So I think the way PDFBox writes XMP data to PDF files, it gets invalid. Can someone confirm
that or is there something wrong in the way I do it?

I also wrote a question on stackoverflow with further infos on this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54142847/pdfbox-2-does-not-create-pdf-a-file

Greetings
--
Michael Richter