pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox 2.0.12 creates invalid PDF/A
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:46:10 GMT
I just ran CreatePDF.java from the example project with only one line
changed ("id.setPart(2);") and then successfully validated it on
https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx
and with VeraPDF.

The XML is:

<?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?><x:xmpmeta
xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
   <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
     <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
rdf:about="">
       <dc:title>
         <rdf:Alt>
           <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">target/test-output/PDFA.pdf</rdf:li>
         </rdf:Alt>
       </dc:title>
     </rdf:Description>
     <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/"
rdf:about="">
       <pdfaid:part>2</pdfaid:part>
       <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
     </rdf:Description>
   </rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta><?xpacket end="w"?>

I see  one difference in the title line. See this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@pdfbox.apache.org/msg09256.html

Tilman

Am 11.01.2019 um 12:22 schrieb Richter, Michael:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create PDF/A files using PDFBox 2.0.12. My code is based on the example
code from the PDFBox repo. It creates the PDF file and I can verify XMP data is in it containing
my parameters. But tools like veraPDF and pdfPilot say it's invalid (no PDF/A info, no metadata).

> So I converted the file using pdfPilot. I extracted the xpacket XML part from the resulting
PDF file. And I added this data directly without using PDFBox API. And the resulting PDF is
valid to both apps.

> So I think the way PDFBox writes XMP data to PDF files, it gets invalid. Can someone
confirm that or is there something wrong in the way I do it?