pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From robertdecina@gmail.com <robertdec...@gmail.com>
Subject PDFBox no longer Opens PDF
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 15:48:20 GMT
Friends,

I dont know if you can help me with my problem, but i figured I would try and ask. I have
a simple text extraction java class using PDFBox which reads a pdf file, opens it, and extracts
text. It has been working for quite sometime. The website we download our PDF's from recently
made changes to their published PDF files. The only difference i see with their files are
in the Security tab in the properties section. The following restrictions setting are now
set to, Not Allowed;  Signing and Creation of Template Pages. There is also a message which
says; * This PDF from restricts some operations.
When I print output from my class the following is printed;
LINE ***Please wait...
LINE ***
LINE ***If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document,
your PDF
LINE ***viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
LINE ***
LINE ***You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux®
by
LINE ***visiting  http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
LINE ***
LINE ***For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit  http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
LINE ***
LINE ***Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in
the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark
LINE ***of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered
trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other
LINE ***countries.

It appears as if the contents of the PDF are being blocked and replaced with the messages
above.
Random PDF files with all of the settings set to Allowed, can still be opened and text extracted
with my java class. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks