pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From robertdecina@gmail.com <robertdec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox no longer Opens PDF
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 19:38:33 GMT

On 2018/12/05 19:02:38, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
> Yeah, that is an XFA form, which we don't support and which is
> deprecated in PDF 2.0.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFA#Compatibility
>
> Please tell this website to do back to AcroForm.
>
> Tilman
>
> PS: the certificate of your website is not OK. Maybe its root is not
> trusted.

and ask. I have a simple text extraction java class using PDFBox which reads a pdf file, opens
it, and extracts text. It has been working for quite sometime. The website we download our
PDF's from recently made changes to their published PDF files. The only difference i see with
their files are in the Security tab in the properties section. The following restrictions
setting are now set to, Not Allowed;  Signing and Creation of Template Pages. There is also
a message which says; * This PDF from restricts some operations.
Mac, or Linux® by
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

and text extracted with my java class. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

> >   Hi Tilman,
> > I ran it through the PDFDebugger and the error message came up in the what looked
like a PDF viewer. I am behind a firewall, so i can not upload a document, but if you download
this PDF it should give you the results i am seeing.
> > https://dibbs2.bsm.dla.mil/Downloads/RFQ/3/SPE4A519T6213.PDF

Thank you for your help. Its greatly appreciated.