pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From robertdecina@gmail.com <robertdec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox no longer Opens PDF
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 17:42:38 GMT

On 2018/12/05 16:37:47, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you share (upload to a sharehoster) the PDF?
>
> I think that is the message that appears on PDF with XFA forms. Try also
> to display this PDF with PDFDebugger.
>
> Tilman
>
> Am 05.12.2018 um 16:48 schrieb robertdecina@gmail.com:
> > Friends,
> >
> > I dont know if you can help me with my problem, but i figured I would try and ask.
I have a simple text extraction java class using PDFBox which reads a pdf file, opens it,
and extracts text. It has been working for quite sometime. The website we download our PDF's
from recently made changes to their published PDF files. The only difference i see with their
files are in the Security tab in the properties section. The following restrictions setting
are now set to, Not Allowed;  Signing and Creation of Template Pages. There is also a message
which says; * This PDF from restricts some operations.
> > When I print output from my class the following is printed;
> > LINE ***Please wait...
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the
document, your PDF
> > LINE ***viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac,
or Linux® by
> > LINE ***visiting  http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit  http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation
in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark
> > LINE ***of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux
is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other
> > LINE ***countries.
> >
> > It appears as if the contents of the PDF are being blocked and replaced with the
messages above.
> > Random PDF files with all of the settings set to Allowed, can still be opened and
text extracted with my java class. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks

 Hi Tilman,
I ran it through the PDFDebugger and the error message came up in the what looked like a PDF
viewer. I am behind a firewall, so i can not upload a document, but if you download this PDF
it should give you the results i am seeing.
https://dibbs2.bsm.dla.mil/Downloads/RFQ/3/SPE4A519T6213.PDF

Thanks for your help.