pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: AffineTransform
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 18:02:11 GMT
Am 06.12.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Mark Gargan:
> Hi Tilman,
>
>                  Thanks very much for the quick response Tilman. Alas I can't upload
the document as it's a company doc.
> If I might could I provide a (very) rough dimensions diagram of the original page? Where
the divide by 72 is the assumption that there are 72 pixels per inch?

Yes - 1/72 inch = 1 page unit.

> The outer box is the image I'm super imposing into the inner.
>
>                                     2480/72 (34.4)
>              ^                   --------------------
>              |                  |        8.86        |
>              |                  |  --------------   |      ^
>              |                  |  |                |  |      |
> 3508/72( 48.72)   |  |                |  |      |
>              |                  |  |                |  |      12.6
>              |                  |  |                |  |      |
>              |                  |  |                |  |      |
>              |                  |  ---------------  |      V
>                                  --------------------
>
> I would have figured the [X,Y] scaling should be [34.4/8.86 * 100 , 11.69/12.6*100 ]
>
> But I appear to be out by almost a factor of 2 in my scaling with those figures. Also
the image appears in the bottom left hand corner.

Yes that is why you must do a translation too. That's the two last
parameters.

Your image dimensions sound like 300dpi. So you'd have to scale,
probably divide by 300 then multiply by 72.

Tilman

> Thanks,
> Mark.

code. I assume you want to draw an image. If you would use

> 2480 0 0 3508 0 0
>
> Then the image would appear at the original size. So 700 0 0 700 x y will have a weird
effect.

> The coordinates start at the bottom left.
>
> "it's quite unintuitive to place two shearing factors between two scaling" complain to
the designers of the java language :-) Tilman

> Am 06.12.2018 um 17:55 schrieb Mark Gargan:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>>               I'm trying to work with the Affine transform to superimpose a snapshot
of an A4 document into an SRA3 document which has crop lines.

>> The SRA3 template size is or  (8.86in x 12.6in) in inches. The original A4 document
I'm taking the snapshot of is typical A4 ( 8.27in × 11.69in).

>> I've taken a snapshot of the first page of the A4 original document and it produces
an image in typical A4 size 2480 X 3508 pixels.

>> I'm trying to figure out the AffineTransform that will place the A4 snapshot into
the centre of the SRA3 document and within the croplines.

>> So far I have
>>
>> AffineTransform at = new AffineTransform(700, 0, 0, 700, 100, 200);
>>
>> with the Affine constructor as follows
>>

>> *
>> * @param m00 the X coordinate scaling element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @param m10 the Y coordinate shearing element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @param m01 the X coordinate shearing element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @param m11 the Y coordinate scaling element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @param m02 the X coordinate translation element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @param m12 the Y coordinate translation element of the 3x3 matrix
>> * @since 1.2
>> */
>> @ConstructorProperties({ "scaleX", "shearY", "shearX", "scaleY",
>> "translateX", "translateY" }) public AffineTransform(float m00, float m10,
>>                          float m01, float m11,
>>                          float m02, float m12) {
>>
>> I.e. x-scaling, y-shearing, x-shearing, y-scaling, x-translation,
>> y-translation
>>
>> I guess the questions are
>>

>>     1.  Why the signature was presented like this, it's quite unintuitive to place
two shearing factors between two scaling.
>>     2.  Also I can't understand why the x & y scaling factors need to be in the
hundreds. i.e. 700 and 700
>>     3.  The translation factors, are they taken from the top right of the image/object
being imported or from the centre?

>> Thanks in advance for any help folks,
>> Mark.
>>

>> Aviva Insurance Limited, trading as Aviva, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation
Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business
rules.

>> Registered Branch Office in Ireland No 900175, Registered Branch Address One Park
Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Registered in Scotland No 2116. Registered Office Pitheavlis,
Perth, PH2 0NH.

>> Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank Of Ireland. A private
company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place,
Hatch Street, Dublin 2.

>> Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland,
is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central
Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules.

>> Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland,
is also regulated in the UK: by the Prudential Regulation Authority for prudential rules and,
to a limited extent, by the Financial Conduct Authority for applicable UK conduct rules.
>> Registered Branch Office in Ireland (No 906464) at One Park Place,
>> Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Registered in England (3253947) at Wellington
>> Row, York, YO90 1WR
>>
>> Aviva Life Services Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank Of Ireland.
A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 406616. Registered Office One
Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.

>> www.aviva.ie
>>
>> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action or reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

> Aviva Insurance Limited, trading as Aviva, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation
Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business
rules.

> Registered Branch Office in Ireland No 900175, Registered Branch Address One Park Place,
Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Registered in Scotland No 2116. Registered Office Pitheavlis, Perth,
PH2 0NH.

> Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank Of Ireland. A private company
limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch
Street, Dublin 2.

> Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is
authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central
Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules.

> Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is
also regulated in the UK: by the Prudential Regulation Authority for prudential rules and,
to a limited extent, by the Financial Conduct Authority for applicable UK conduct rules.
> Registered Branch Office in Ireland (No 906464) at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin
2. Registered in England (3253947) at Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR

> Aviva Life Services Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank Of Ireland. A private
company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 406616. Registered Office One Park Place,
Hatch Street, Dublin 2.