pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Karlsson <skfor...@gmail.com>
Subject Rendering to other color space
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:16:32 GMT
Today PDFBox rendering uses the sRGB colorspace.
I would like to render to CMYK colorspace using a ICC profile of my choice, without losing
any color information.
My choice today is to first render to sRGB than use ColorConvertOp to convert the resulting
image from sRGB to the CMYK colorspace using my ICC profile.
The problem is that this double conversion distorts colors.
The perfect way to solve this is to add the possibility to select the desired output colorspace
of my choice when calling PDFRenderer.renderPageToGraphics().
Another perhaps simpler way is to add the possibility to render to CieXYZ colorspace instead
of sRGB colorspace. And then use ColorConvertOP from CieXYZ to CMYK.

Another request is the possibility to select the input CMYK colorspace. Today a standard ICC
profile is hardcoded (see PDDeviceCMYK.getICCProfile(). I would like to specify the input
color space as well.

Stefan Karlsson