pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: while trying to get font PDType1Font.HELVETICA , the code seems to get stuck on AIX machine
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 15:44:21 GMT
Hi,

> Hi ,
>
> stuck means there is no log on jboss server,  I also added STDERR in
> servlet at each line and there i found that the next line after the code
> " PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA; " is not getting executed and
> there was no response from server
>
> reason for using old pdfbox is because company hasn't upgraded to newer
> version, if upgrading can solve this problem than I can ask the managers
> to upgrade, but I am not sure about this if it will solve this problem.
>
> FOR :
> Most likely your issue is related to fonts not being available on your machine but without
more details this is only a guess.

> Does it mean that the font " PDType1Font.HELVETICA"  has to be available
> on AIX machine ? what would be the path it would be looking for on AIX
> machine ?

there was a font realted issue on AIX which also provides some details about the internals
(e.g. how to get more log details)
Mayve worth checking https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3377

BR
Maruan

> Thanks,
> Sushant
>

> On 31-10-2018 20:47, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when you write ".. stuck .." what do you mean by that. Are there any messages in
the jboss server log? Any reason you are not using the newer version of PDFBox 2.0? The final
release of PDFBox 2.00 was in May 2016. Current version is 2.0.12.

> > Most likely your issue is related to fonts not being available on your machine but
without more details this is only a guess.

> > BR
> > Maruan
> >
> > > Am 31.10.2018 um 16:10 schrieb Sushant <sushantk@fitwell.in>:
> > >
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > I am using pdfbox-app-2.0.0-RC3 , In a servlet there is code to create pdf
with text using  PDType1Font.HELVETICA font , this servlet when deployed on tomcat server
on windows machine generated pdf properly,

> > > but when the same servlet is deployed on a jboss server which is on AIX machine
stucks on  code " PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA; " .

> > > Can anyone help me to know what could be the possible reason and guide me to
solve this problem ?

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sushant

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827