pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sushant <susha...@fitwell.in>
Subject Re: while trying to get font PDType1Font.HELVETICA , the code seems to get stuck on AIX machine
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 15:27:21 GMT
Hi ,

stuck means there is no log on jboss server,  I also added STDERR in
servlet at each line and there i found that the next line after the code
" PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA; " is not getting executed and
there was no response from server

reason for using old pdfbox is because company hasn't upgraded to newer
version, if upgrading can solve this problem than I can ask the managers
to upgrade, but I am not sure about this if it will solve this problem.

FOR :
Most likely your issue is related to fonts not being available on your machine but without
more details this is only a guess.

Does it mean that the font " PDType1Font.HELVETICA"  has to be available
on AIX machine ? what would be the path it would be looking for on AIX
machine ?

Thanks,
Sushant

On 31-10-2018 20:47, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when you write ".. stuck .." what do you mean by that. Are there any messages in the
jboss server log? Any reason you are not using the newer version of PDFBox 2.0? The final
release of PDFBox 2.00 was in May 2016. Current version is 2.0.12.

> Most likely your issue is related to fonts not being available on your machine but without
more details this is only a guess.

> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 31.10.2018 um 16:10 schrieb Sushant <sushantk@fitwell.in>:
>>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> I am using pdfbox-app-2.0.0-RC3 , In a servlet there is code to create pdf with text
using  PDType1Font.HELVETICA font , this servlet when deployed on tomcat server on windows
machine generated pdf properly,

>> but when the same servlet is deployed on a jboss server which is on AIX machine stucks
on  code " PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA; " .