pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: issue creating hyperlink in pdf
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 04:08:55 GMT
Hello Diane,

If you're just starting, then use 2.0.11 and not 1.8 from which this
example is coming. There get the 2.0.11 source download, there go to the
example subdirectory, and get AddAnnotations.java. Get it to run. If you
get it running, delete all that you don't need so that only one link
annotation is left.

If the annotation is to be black, then the color is

PDColor black = new PDColor(new float[] { 0, 0, 0 }, PDDeviceRGB.INSTANCE);

In RGB colorspace, the colors are red green blue and 0 0 0 is black and
1 1 1 is white. 1 0 0 isĀ  red. 1 1 0 is yellow.

In the gray colorspace, 0 is black and 1 is white.

The coordinates start at the bottom left. (unlike java imaging where it
starts at the top left).

An A4 Page is about 600 x 800. (this is not exact, it's probably more
like 650 x 750)

Are you creating a PDF completely from scratch or do you need to modify
an existing PDF, i.e. just add the unline and the link destination?

Tilman

Am 03.10.2018 um 22:27 schrieb Haddy, Diane E:
> Hello
>
> I have a task to create a hyperlink on a pdf page.  I googled and found some code.  I
am not good with coordinates and do not know anything about pdfbox PDGamma class and how to
add the color black to the text.   Can you please help me?

> CODE:
>
> PDBorderStyleDictionary psd = new PDBorderStyleDictionary();
>              psd.setStyle(PDBorderStyleDictionary.STYLE_UNDERLINE);
>              PDAnnotationLink txtLink = new PDAnnotationLink();
>              txtLink.setBorderStyle(psd);
>             // txtLink.setColour(PDGamma  colourBlack);
>
>               //add action
>              PDActionURI action = new PDActionURI();
>              action.setURI("http://mycode.here.com");
>              txtLink.setAction(action);
>
>               //populate the url using these coordinates
>              PDRectangle rec = new PDRectangle();
>              rec.setLowerLeftX(10);
>              rec.setLowerLeftY(20);
>              rec.setUpperRightX(100);
>              rec.setUpperRightY(10);
>              txtLink.setRectangle(rec);
>              page.getAnnotations().add(txtLink);
>

> thank you,
> Diane
>

> Diane Haddy
>
> Health Care Information Systems
> Application Developer

> Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
or destroy all copies of the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from
UI Health Care may be retained as required by law or regulation. Thank you.