pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: PDComboBox.setValue("selection text") displays nothing?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 15:26:45 GMT
A choice field allows to have a display value as well as an export value. You can retrieve
the defined values using

   choice.getOptionsDisplayValues()
   choice.getOptionsExportValues()

So set the value you can use the export value (or values if multiselect is allowed). Some
of the options can be seen in the unit
test TestListBox.java

BR
Maruan

> > Am 18.09.2018 um 18:54 schrieb Dagnon, William <William.Dagnon@wpsic.com>:
> >
> > Maruan and Tilman,
> >
> > Thanks for your responses:
> >
> > * I can't tell how PDButtonTest is supposed to help: there are no PDComboBox nor
PDChoice controls in that class, and the only way any controls are changed is with ctrl.setValue("string")
(or
> > checkbox.check()) which, as my screenshot shows, did change the "V" (value) but
does not display anything for combo boxes.

> Ah - sorry - somehow I got that you are using Checkboxes. I'll take another look
>

> > * Per Tilman, here is 'N' highlighted:  imgur.com/a/M3XORNs
> > This is different in a few ways from a selected, visible version:
> > A) this has "/DeviceGray cs" at the top, a viewable one doesn't
> > B) a viewable one, where I manually selected it, has "(Part ) Tj" and later a "(B)
Tj" row, whereas this one only has one "(Part B) Tj" row...

> > * I tried getting 2.0.11 to work locally for most of yesterday, but WebSphere refused
to load fontbox 2.0.11 for some reason - even after extensive re-Mavening and rebuilding.

> > * if it helps, I'm viewing in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.11.20058
> >
> > * In comparing the file saved by PDFBox which does not display text for the combo
boxes, versus one where I manually selected what I wanted in them (through Reader DC) and
saved it, the most obvious difference is that the PDFBox file is missing the "I: (1)" and
subrow "0:0". (or "0:1", etc., depending on which index I selected).
> > So.. maybe Reader knows the value from "V" but doesn't know what to display without
the index being set?

> > If I have time, I'll try debugging with attaching PDFBox's source, but I doubt that'll
be today.

> > Thanks again!

dependent on the fields definition. You could also try to use checkbox.getOnValues() to get
the list of valid values which are causing the individual checkboxes to be set.

> > Please also note that - as Tillmann already pointed out - it's a good idea to use
2.0.11.

> > Eg. you might be affected by ... which has been resolved in 2.0.5., PDFBOX-3753
which has been resolved in 2.0.6  and others.

> > BR
> > Maruan
> >

> > > Maruan, please give this a try: imgur.com/a/o3SqsCn
> > >

> > > ALSO wrt:
> > > "Current version is 2.0.11, please retry with that one.
> > >
> > > Tilman"
> > >
> > > Thanks, cannot but will promote the idea localy: the version is out of my control.
 Why, were fixed introduced for ComboBoxes?

subtrees expanded and upload that?

> > > BR
> > > Maruan

set the values, though since I'm only ever setting a single value, they always come down to:

the lawyers about it would take a while.

the text values work fine as before, the controls with Opts never display their values after
I've set them.  In the saved PDF, there is no text at the ComboBox's location, but using PDFDebugger
the annotation and Opts are still there.  Just not visible...?  "V" is the correct value as
set.

what I want from the box manually through an Adobe GUI.

controls have exactly these differences:

the couple text controls with the same font display fine.

just like the text controls, but that gave no results.

they have a font problem, but I tried control.setValue(opts.get(index)) - with no further
luck.

as COSString objects. But they have exactly the same text, and I'm able to search through
them for equal strings in order to determine the index.

you have a sample PDF to be able to give you some specific code (please upload to a shared
location)?

not closed!" which I don't remember from before...

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential,
privileged and/or proprietary information which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, disclosure, or retention by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail, any attachments,
and all copies.

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827