pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Dagnon, William" <William.Dag...@wpsic.com>
Subject RE: PDComboBox.setValue("selection text") displays nothing?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 16:54:21 GMT
Maruan and Tilman,

Thanks for your responses:

* I can't tell how PDButtonTest is supposed to help: there are no PDComboBox nor PDChoice
controls in that class, and the only way any controls are changed is with ctrl.setValue("string")
(or checkbox.check()) which, as my screenshot shows, did change the "V" (value) but does not
display anything for combo boxes.

* Per Tilman, here is 'N' highlighted:  imgur.com/a/M3XORNs
This is different in a few ways from a selected, visible version:
A) this has "/DeviceGray cs" at the top, a viewable one doesn't
B) a viewable one, where I manually selected it, has "(Part ) Tj" and later a "(B) Tj" row,
whereas this one only has one "(Part B) Tj" row...

* I tried getting 2.0.11 to work locally for most of yesterday, but WebSphere refused to load
fontbox 2.0.11 for some reason - even after extensive re-Mavening and rebuilding.

* if it helps, I'm viewing in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.11.20058

* In comparing the file saved by PDFBox which does not display text for the combo boxes, versus
one where I manually selected what I wanted in them (through Reader DC) and saved it, the
most obvious difference is that the PDFBox file is missing the "I: (1)" and subrow "0:0".
(or "0:1", etc., depending on which index I selected).
So.. maybe Reader knows the value from "V" but doesn't know what to display without the index
being set?

If I have time, I'll try debugging with attaching PDFBox's source, but I doubt that'll be
today.

Thanks again!