pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Dagnon, William" <William.Dag...@wpsic.com>
Subject RE: PDComboBox.setValue("selection text") displays nothing?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:23:59 GMT
Maruan, please give this a try:

https://imgur.com/nwjrgzS

ALSO wrt:
"Current version is 2.0.11, please retry with that one.

Tilman"

Thanks, cannot but will promote the idea localy: the version is out of my control.  Why, were
fixed introduced for ComboBoxes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 11:06 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDComboBox.setValue("selection text") displays nothing?

Could you do a screenshot of the fields definition in PDFDebugger with the subtrees expanded
and upload that?

BR
Maruan

> Thanks for the response:
>
> PDFBox 2.0.4
>
> Please look right above your questions to see the 3 ways I've used to set the values,
though since I'm only ever setting a single value, they always come down to:

> 	ctrl.setValue(String); // the only operation on any control on the
> PDF
>
> While I can create a PDF, I doubt I can put it anywhere public - and asking the lawyers
about it would take a while.

work fine as before, the controls with Opts never display their values after I've set them.
 In the saved PDF, there is no text at the ComboBox's location, but using PDFDebugger the
annotation and Opts are still there.  Just not visible...?  "V" is the correct value as set.

> > The control looks fine when I look at the original, and I can select what I want
from the box manually through an Adobe GUI.

> > Comparing the original vs PDFBox saved files, each of the 4 CombBox controls have
exactly these differences:

> >  1.  V, because I set it
> >  2.  "P": first # in [] goes from 61 to 312, plus lower details
> > differ 3.  There is a new "I: (1)" entry for the annotation
> >
> > Text controls:
> >
> >  1.  Have a "V" (didn't in the original - no defaults)  2.  Have the
> > same change to "P"
> >  3.  Have the same "AP" as before, or a new "AP" if one didn't exist.
> >
> > All of the ComboBoxes have the same font("DA: /Helv 12 Tf  g"), but the couple text
controls with the same font display fine.

> > I HAVE TRIED:
> > A) Originally I'd just control.setValue("foobar") for the Opt controls just like
the text controls, but that gave no results.

> > B) The only code example Google returns is a stackoverflow where they have a font
problem, but I tried control.setValue(opts.get(index)) - with no further luck.

> > C) I've also looked at the opts themselves and they do exist - though as COSString
objects. But they have exactly the same text, and I'm able to search through them for equal
strings in order to determine the index.

> which version of PDFBox are you using? How do you set the value? Would you have a sample
PDF to be able to give you some specific code (please upload to a shared location)?

> BR
> Maruan
>

> > How ARE PDComboBox controls supposed to work?  Or am I using the wrong control altogether?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >

> > P.S. I am now seeing a DEBUG log: "ScratchFileBuffer:516 - ScratchFileBuffer not
closed!" which I don't remember from before...

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential,
privileged and/or proprietary information which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, disclosure, or retention by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail, any attachments,
and all copies.

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.fileaffairs.de&amp;data=02%7C01%7CWilliam.Dagnon%40wpsic.com%7Cbd4f00426ef44f3fbcef08d61cb77c6a%7C6b61581df3634ffb8f7fd517e2227a0c%7C0%7C0%7C636727971729193113&amp;sdata=ylgmQ23XShXGfsLuHGXan4HPsGcaSsRIicjNmBlP1sQ%3D&amp;reserved=0

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827