pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: PDComboBox.setValue("selection text") displays nothing?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:01:05 GMT

> Am 18.09.2018 um 18:54 schrieb Dagnon, William <William.Dagnon@wpsic.com>:
>
> Maruan and Tilman,
>
> Thanks for your responses:
>
> * I can't tell how PDButtonTest is supposed to help: there are no PDComboBox nor PDChoice
controls in that class, and the only way any controls are changed is with ctrl.setValue("string")
(or
> checkbox.check()) which, as my screenshot shows, did change the "V" (value) but does
not display anything for combo boxes.

Ah - sorry - somehow I got that you are using Checkboxes. I'll take another look

> * Per Tilman, here is 'N' highlighted:  imgur.com/a/M3XORNs
> This is different in a few ways from a selected, visible version:
> A) this has "/DeviceGray cs" at the top, a viewable one doesn't
> B) a viewable one, where I manually selected it, has "(Part ) Tj" and later a "(B) Tj"
row, whereas this one only has one "(Part B) Tj" row...

> * I tried getting 2.0.11 to work locally for most of yesterday, but WebSphere refused
to load fontbox 2.0.11 for some reason - even after extensive re-Mavening and rebuilding.

> * if it helps, I'm viewing in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.11.20058
>
> * In comparing the file saved by PDFBox which does not display text for the combo boxes,
versus one where I manually selected what I wanted in them (through Reader DC) and saved it,
the most obvious difference is that the PDFBox file is missing the "I: (1)" and subrow "0:0".
(or "0:1", etc., depending on which index I selected).
> So.. maybe Reader knows the value from "V" but doesn't know what to display without the
index being set?

> If I have time, I'll try debugging with attaching PDFBox's source, but I doubt that'll
be today.

> Thanks again!

on the fields definition. You could also try to use checkbox.getOnValues() to get the list
of valid values which are causing the individual checkboxes to be set.

> Please also note that - as Tillmann already pointed out - it's a good idea to use 2.0.11.
>
> Eg. you might be affected by ... which has been resolved in 2.0.5., PDFBOX-3753 which
has been resolved in 2.0.6  and others.

> BR
> Maruan
>

>> Maruan, please give this a try: imgur.com/a/o3SqsCn
>>

>> ALSO wrt:
>> "Current version is 2.0.11, please retry with that one.
>>
>> Tilman"
>>
>> Thanks, cannot but will promote the idea localy: the version is out of my control.
 Why, were fixed introduced for ComboBoxes?

values, though since I'm only ever setting a single value, they always come down to:

>>> ctrl.setValue(String); // the only operation on any control on the
>>> PDF
>>>
>>> While I can create a PDF, I doubt I can put it anywhere public - and asking the
lawyers about it would take a while.

text values work fine as before, the controls with Opts never display their values after I've
set them.  In the saved PDF, there is no text at the ComboBox's location, but using PDFDebugger
the annotation and Opts are still there.  Just not visible...?  "V" is the correct value as
set.

I want from the box manually through an Adobe GUI.

have exactly these differences:

text controls with the same font display fine.

like the text controls, but that gave no results.

a font problem, but I tried control.setValue(opts.get(index)) - with no further luck.

COSString objects. But they have exactly the same text, and I'm able to search through them
for equal strings in order to determine the index.

>>> which version of PDFBox are you using? How do you set the value? Would you have
a sample PDF to be able to give you some specific code (please upload to a shared location)?

>>> BR
>>> Maruan

not closed!" which I don't remember from before...

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential,
privileged and/or proprietary information which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, disclosure, or retention by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail, any attachments,
and all copies.