pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Marc Kaufman <kauf...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: How to identify underlying COSObject for a PDXObject or PDXObject for COSObject
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:22:16 GMT
A PDF XObject doesn't have a unique position. The ultimate position on
the page is determined by the current transformation matrix in the
content stream:

    The BBox entry in the form dictionary is expressed in form space, as
    are any coordinates used in the form XObject’s content stream, such
    as path coordinates. The Matrix entry in the form dictionary
    specifies the mapping from form space to the current user space.
    Each time the form XObject is painted by the Do operator, this
    matrix is concatenated with the current transformation matrix to
    define the mapping from form space to device space.