pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Kirk, Kenneth" <Kk...@ILSOS.NET>
Subject RE: Poor performance creating PDF page from buffered image.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:46:48 GMT
I started out using CCITTFactory.createFromFile but some of the images were corrupt but salvageable.
I loop through each page until I get an exception. If the first page is readable the user
has enough information
To continue with the process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 1:39 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Poor performance creating PDF page from buffered image.

You're creating the image the hard way... try CCITTFactory.createFromFile

Tilman

Am 08.06.2018 um 20:34 schrieb Kirk, Kenneth:
> When I run the following code:
>
> IIOMetadata tiffMetadata = reader.getImageMetadata(p);
> BufferedImage image = reader.read(p);
> IIOMetadataNode root = (IIOMetadataNode) tiffMetadata.getAsTree("javax_imageio_1.0");
> IIOMetadataNode dimension = (IIOMetadataNode) root.getElementsByTagName("Dimension").item(0);
> float horizontalPixelSizeMM = getPixelSizeMM(dimension, "HorizontalPixelSize");
> float verticalPixelSizeMM = getPixelSizeMM(dimension, "VerticalPixelSize");
> float xRes = 25.4f / horizontalPixelSizeMM;
> float yRes = 25.4f / verticalPixelSizeMM;
> PDImageXObject ximage = CCITTFactory.createFromImage(pdf, image);
> float wScale = (ximage.getWidth() / xRes) * 72f;
> float hScale = (ximage.getHeight() / yRes) * 72f;
> PDPage page = new PDPage(new PDRectangle((float)wScale, (float)hScale));
> PDPageContentStream stream = new PDPageContentStream(pdf, page);
> Dimension scaledDim = getScaledDimension( new Dimension(ximage.getWidth(), ximage.getHeight()),
>                                            new Dimension((int) page.getMediaBox().getWidth(),
>                                            (int) page.getMediaBox().getHeight()));
> stream.drawImage(ximage, 0, 0, wScale, hScale);
> stream.close();
> pdf.addPage( page );
>
> the PDImageXObject take 30 to 45 seconds to generate an object from 8.5x11 tiff image
that I use ImageIO to produce
> a bufferedimage.  I cannot share the image due to regulations but there is nothing fancy
about them.

> Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain
privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than
to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of