pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Kirk, Kenneth" <Kk...@ILSOS.NET>
Subject RE: Poor performance creating PDF page from buffered image.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:09:36 GMT
I believe it was faster in the case of good images produced by modern software.
In the case of the images that I am processing, that were created 20 years ago, where the
IFD has bad tags that don't
reference the next IFD properly, I need to grab the pages that are accessible and flag the

resulting PDF for review.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2018 1:37 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Poor performance creating PDF page from buffered image.

So was it faster when you used CCITTFactory.createFromFile?

Tilman

Am 08.06.2018 um 20:46 schrieb Kirk, Kenneth:
> I started out using CCITTFactory.createFromFile but some of the images were corrupt but
salvageable.
> I loop through each page until I get an exception. If the first page is readable the
user has enough information
> To continue with the process.

privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than
to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

>> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately,
and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the
Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

> Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain
privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than
to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of