pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Constantine Dokolas <cdoko...@gmail.com>
Subject Dubious implementation approach with content stream OperatorProcessors and PDFGraphicsStreamEngine
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 13:00:01 GMT
Hi all!

I'm currently implementing a library that intercepts content stream
operators from a document's pages in order to produce a filtered version
(as a different document). To this, I'm writing an extension to
PDFGraphicsStreamEngine (as suggested by the documentation) and using
processOperator() to do "my stuff".

Certain operators (MoveTextSetLeading, NextLine, ShowTextLine and
ShowTextLineAndSpace), in order to trigger the (multiple) corresponding
events, take the shortcut of calling processOperator() for "bogus"
operators that are in fact *not present* in the content stream.

I suggest the devs replace such calls with temporary OperatorProcessor
instantiations and process(...) calls on them. I'd be happy to contribute
the related changes, but I'm not sure how.

I'd like to voice my appreciation for this project. It has solved many
problems for me and I greatly appreciate the devs' effort.

Regards,

Constantine

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the