pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jason <ccna2c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about PDFDebugger
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2018 23:23:11 GMT
Wow. I will definitely try it out this weekend. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
Jason

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 5:30 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> I did it, it turned out to be easy... get the latest version here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-debugger/2.0.10-SNAPSHOT/
>
> use it with jdk7 or 8, not jdk9 or 10. I suspect that I discovered a new bug related
to hidpi screens that is related to PDFBOX-3665.

> Tilman
>
>> Am 27.04.2018 um 19:09 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
>> It's a bit tricky because not all widget annotations are fields, sometimes the field
is a parent. (See the file from PDFBOX-142).

>> But I think it can be done... would it be ok if the name is displayed in the status
line, near the coordinate? I'm not an awt / swing developer so I can't do a popup window easily.
(I could look how it is done in the content stream display but it's really not a priority)

>> algorithm:
>> - look through the annotations
>> - check whether within rectangle
>> - if yes, check /T. If not available, go to /Parent
>> - all this is to be done in PagePane.java
>> - iterates through all fields to match the COSObject of the one we found
>> - when found, call getFullyQualifiedName()  (because we can't have the non-terminal
parent of a terminal field unless we "came from there")

>> - alternatively, go through all fields from the acroform, check all widgets where
the page matches, then find whether the rectangle matches.