pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Performance issue with PDFBox 2.0.8
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 08:25:45 GMT
Hi,

> Am 16.04.2018 um 09:21 schrieb Arthur Wang <arthurwang2009@hotmail.com>:
>
> Hi, everyone,
>

> I am using PDFBox 2.0.8 and java 8 running in tomcat 8 for production to convert pdf
into image for display. it works very well for pdf file size less than 5 M, it takes about
3800 milliseconds. however, it slows down very much when the file size is increased to 50
M. it takes about 70,000 milliseconds, after setting system property of sun.java2d.cmm", "sun.java2d.cmm.kcms.KcmsServiceProvider",
it does increase the performance to 32550 milliseconds, which almost double the speed. but
for 32 seconds to load a web page still too slow. Is there any other way to speed up the performance?
would adding a GPU into the server help the performance? or any other software or hardware
solution could help on the processing speed? My current server come with 32 G RAM, and the
server never used more than half of it.

what is the time for opening and closing such document alone without rendering? Are there
multiple pages? The difference in size might be that the larger one uses a lot of images.
Would you have a sample PDF?