pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: International characters only show correctly when form field is selected
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 18:48:29 GMT
Am 09.03.2018 um 19:40 schrieb Scott Tomer:
> Thanks, again, I really appreciate your help.
>
> Also, just an FYI, I found where my code is giving the following exception when trying
to use those characters:
> Exception: U+0144 ('nacute') is not available in this font Times-Roman (generic: NimbusRomNo9L-Regu)
encoding: StandardEncoding with differences

That is weird - so you do get an exception, but your file is generated
anyway?

Another idea besides the SO solution - can you install a Times Roman /
Times New Roman font on your system?

Tilman

> Thanks
>
>> On Mar 9, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, now I don't have further questions, but I am still wondering what is going on
:-(

>> What I could do is to search (with code) for a file that is similar to yours, i.e.
acroform, a field with type 1 font and DictionaryEncoding. This may take some time, maybe
next week.