pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tamil A Selvi <tamil.abbuekamba...@farmersinsurance.com>
Subject RE: Using Pdfbox in android app.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 20:24:18 GMT
I need to measure the left margin size of existing thousands of PDF files and pages.. can anyone
tell me which class/methods of PDFbox supports this?

Thanks
Tamil

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 7:02 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Pdfbox in android app.

Michał,

On 3/2/18 9:05 AM, Michał Walawender wrote:
> I am Android developer, and i would ask You question about Pdfbox
> usage in app, which I am currently developing. I have chcecked
> license, but still I am not sure, if I can use Pdfbox in my app with ads in?

AL2 is a fairly liberal license. I don't see why you couldn't use PDFBox in an app that contains

> It is just app which will be placed in Google Play, and i want to
> monetize it with ads inside. Can You explain me, if I can use Pdfbox,
> based on current license, and do I have to place any disclaimers or something?

No disclaimers are necessary, since your app is not a "derivative work".
Attribution is not strictly necessary, but would be greatly appreciated by the project.

IANAL, YMMV, etc.

I'm curious... why would an Android app need to produce PDF files?

-chris

*****  PLEASE NOTE *****  This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this
transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and is intended solely
for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents
of this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against
you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy
the message and any accompanying documents.  Thank you.*****