pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: International characters only show correctly when form field is selected
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:01:56 GMT
Hi Scott,

> Am 08.03.2018 um 20:42 schrieb Scott Tomer <scott@tomer.cc>:
>
> All,
>
> I’m new to the list, but tried to search pdfbox-users.markmail.org <http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/>
before asking with no luck.

> We are using pdfbox to fill in some form fields in an Adobe generated template but getting
odd results when certain international characters are used (some, not all).  When the pdf
is first opened, the characters shown are basically garbage.  Here is an example: þÿB D
Aóz

> However, when you click into the field (or in certain readers like Okular on Linux choose
“Show Forms”), the correct characters are shown.  Here is what is inserted into the field
and shown when field is selected: ł ń Ł ó ź

> It is almost like the PDF has one font selected for a read-only view and the correct
font for the view when editing a field.

{
>                field.setValue(pdfField.getValue());
>            }
>        }
>    }
> }
> pdfDoc.save(tempPdf);
> pdfDoc.close();

Looks like there is an issue with the appearance generation. Which PDFBox version are you
using? Could you upload a sample PDF to a public location for further investigstion?

BR
Maruan