pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pryor <pr...@international-presence.com>
Subject Re: Difference in fonts between PDFBox 1.8 and 2.0
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:37:29 GMT
Hi Tillman

Okay, sure I'd be happy to help test.

Below is what I've written for a new class OS400FontDirFinder, although I
haven't had a chance to test it on our AS400 to double check if the files
out of /QIBM can be read like normal files or if I need to use the JT400
toolkit to access the files (as is the case with some folders), which might
complicate things. Hopefully I'll test on Monday and get back to you.

package org.apache.fontbox.util.autodetect;

public class OS400FontDirFinder extends NativeFontDirFinder {

public OS400FontDirFinder() {
// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
}

@Override
protected String[] getSearchableDirectories() {
          return new String[] { System.getProperty("user.home") +
"/.fonts", // user
                "/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/Fonts"
          };
}

}

And this was my change to determineDirFinder() in FontFileFinder:

    private FontDirFinder determineDirFinder()
    {
        final String osName = System.getProperty("os.name");
        if (osName.startsWith("Windows"))
        {
            return new WindowsFontDirFinder();
        }